Updated Aug 26, 2021
Learn more about the CNA life and get details about how to enroll in NextStep’s training-to-placement CNA program.
If you have elected to participate in NextStep’s Nursing Assistant (NA) Training Course, the following terms and conditions will also apply to you.
You understand and agree that enrolling in the NextStep NA Training Course is not a guarantee of employment and does not constitute an employment agreement.
1. NA Training Course Parts. The NextStep NA training course consists of the following course parts:
2. Tuition and NextStep Placement Program Options. You may choose either to pay tuition for the NextStep Nursing Assistant (NA) Training Course or to participate in the NextStep Placement Program and accept a Qualifying Placement with a NextStep employer partner in which case tuition is free of charge with certain conditions as set forth below.
3. NextStep Placement Program
3.1 Placement Program Eligibility. If you choose to participate in the NextStep Placement Program, you acknowledge that in order to be eligible to receive a Qualifying Placement (as defined below), you must meet all Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) requirements for the state in which you desire to work as a CNA.
3.2 Acceptance of a Qualified Placement. A “Qualifying Placement” means a written proposal for employment with a NextStep approved employer issued by NextStep to you that is:
3.3 Rejection of a Qualifying Placement. If you have chosen to participate in the NextStep Placement Program, but choose to reject a Qualifying Placement, you understand and agree that you will be required to pay NextStep tuition for the NA Training Course. The payment amounts and timing shall be as set forth above for the “Pay in Full Option” unless you expressly request in writing to pay per the terms of the “Payment Plan Option” set forth above. If the Pay in Full Option applies, NextStep will charge the total tuition to the Authorized Credit Card (as described in Section 5). The terms “accept” and “accepting” and/or “reject” and “rejecting” a Qualifying Placement means verbal and/or written indication to NextStep that the learner accepts or rejects a Qualifying Placement.
3.4 Failure to Offer Qualified Placement. In the unlikely event that you choose the NextStep Placement Program option but NextStep does not offer a Qualifying Placement within 7 days following course completion, the tuition shall be waived and no payment shall be due.
3.5 Secondary Qualifying Placement. “Secondary Qualifying Placement” means a placement in addition to the initial Qualifying Placement that has been accepted. If you are offered and choose to accept a Secondary Qualifying Placement but do not start employment or remain employed for at least 90 days, you will not incur fees associated with such Secondary Qualifying Placement.
3.6 Changing from NextStep Placement Program to Payment of Tuition Option. If you originally elect to participate in the NextStep Placement Program and then later elect the tuition option, you will be required to pay the tuition amounts as set forth in Section 4.1 of these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms.
3.7 Cancellation Fees. Subject to Section 8 of these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms, below, NextStep reserves the right to charge a $35 cancellation fee for a cancellation made by you with less than 3 calendar days prior notice or any failure to attend a scheduled lab, clinical, and/or CPR sessions. Cancellation fees will be charged to the Authorized Credit Card.
4. Tuition Option
4.1 Tuition Pricing. If you choose to pay tuition, you will be charged as follows:
Pay in Full Option: $1750
Payment Plan Option: five (5) bi-weekly payments of $350
Tuition Covered Services:
Costs in Addition to Tuition: Health Related. Utilize personal health insurance, if available. If uninsured, the cost is approximately $450.00 for Clinical Prerequisites:
4.2 Tuition Discounts. From time to time, NextStep may offer tuition discounts.
4.3 Tuition Payment Schedule; Failure to Pay. Payments shall be made as follows:
Pay in Full Option: If you have elected to pay the tuition in full, tuition payment is due and payable anytime between registration for the NA Training Course and your completion of skillset 4, but before skillset 5. Skillsets after skillset 4 will be locked until payment of the full tuition amount is made.
Payment Plan Option: If you have elected the payment plan option, the initial bi-weekly tuition payment is due on the Payment Commencement Date and the remaining payments are due every 14 calendar days thereafter (in the amounts set forth in Section 4.1, above) . “Payment Commencement Date” means the date you elect the payment plan option. You can elect the payment plan option anytime between registration for the NA Training Course and completion of skillset 4. Payment of the full tuition amount must be made within 10 weeks following the Payment Commencement Date. If you have not paid the full tuition amount by the time you complete the NA Training Course, NextStep reserves the right to withhold providing notice of NA Training Course completion to the state and the state’s delegates until you have paid all overdue amounts in full.
4.4 Notice to Those Choosing to Pay Tuition for NA Training Course. Do not indicate your acceptance of these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms before you read these NA Training Course Terms or if you do not under these NA Training Course Terms. You are entitled to a copy of these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms and can obtain a copy on the state website landing page. Clicking that you agree indicates that you have reviewed, understand and accept these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms. Your address will be collected with your registration information.
5. Payment Method. All NA Training Course participants, including those choosing the NextStep Placement Program, will be required to provide valid credit card (“Authorized Credit Card”) information. All payments due under these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms shall be made by Authorized Credit Card. By providing your payment information, you acknowledge and agree that NextStep will retain the payment information and you authorize NextStep to charge your Authorized Credit Card for all payments required by these Nursing Assistant Training Course Terms. You are responsible for updating and maintaining the accuracy of any payment information that you provide to us.
6. Late Fees; Collections. If NextStep does not receive payment of any amount due hereunder by the due date, we may charge you a late fee on the unpaid balance. In the event we utilize a collection agency or resort to legal action to recover an unpaid balance, you agree to reimburse us for all expenses incurred to recover such unpaid balance, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs.
7. Background Check. You must successfully complete a background check that reviews criminal activity in all U.S. states to complete the NextStep Nursing Assistant Training Course. You will be disqualified from participating in the NextStep Placement Program if you have any of the following offenses on your background screening:
Passing a background screening does not guarantee approval by the state to become a certified nursing assistant or job placement with one of NextStep’s employer partners.
8. Cancellation Of Contract And Refund Policy
8.1 Cancellation Prior to Beginning Training. If you have not opened the first course video (started training), you may cancel your participation in the NextStep NA Training Course and receive a refund of any tuition paid.
8.2 Cancellation After Beginning Training. If you cancel your participation in the NextStep NA Training Course after you have started training, NextStep may retain a percentage of the total tuition as described below if the student completes:
When calculating refunds, the official date of a student’s termination is the last day of recorded attendance: (a) when Next Step Interactive, Inc. receives notice of the learner’s intention to discontinue the program; (b) when the learner is terminated for violating a published policy which provides for termination; or (c) when a learner, without notice, fails to complete course skills or attend scheduled practice labs for thirty calendar days.
8.3 How To Cancel. You may cancel your participation in the NextStep Training Course, subject to Sections 8.1 and 8.2 above, by submitting a written notice of such cancellation to NextStep at email@example.com. You may also provide written notice by U.S. mail, commercial delivery (e.g., UPS or FedEx) or by hand delivery to: 126 SW 148th St., Ste. C100 Box #449, Seattle, WA 98166. A notice sent by email must be time stamped or postmarked no later than midnight of the 5th business day (excluding Sundays and holidays) following the day on which you agree to these NA Training Course Terms, and only if you have not started training. In the event of a dispute over timely notice, you will have the burden to prove that notice was timely provided.
8.4 Course Cancellation. In the unlikely event that NextStep cancels the NextStep Training Course prior to your completion of the NextStep Training Course, NextStep will refund the total amount paid by you for the NextStep Training Course.
8.5 Payment of Refunds. All refunds due hereunder shall be paid within thirty calendar days following the effective date of termination.
9. UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES. It is an unfair business practice for NextStep Interactive, Inc. to sell, discount, or otherwise transfer this Agreement without the signed written consent of the student and a written statement notifying all parties that the cancellation and refund policy continues to apply.
10. Notice to Learners Choosing to Pay Tuition. NextStep Interactive, Inc. will make learners aware of legal obligations, and debt burdens that he/she takes upon entering a contract for training.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY ENROLLEE/LEARNER:
11. How to File a Complaint. By agreeing to these NA Training Course Terms, you are acknowledging that you are aware of how to file a complaint. Grievance: Complaint/Appeal Process. If you have a complaint or concern, you can request an appointment with your RN instructor, the Program Director, or appropriate designee. The request should include your full name, and a statement of concern, including dates, times, and those involved..
The RN instructor, Program Director, or appropriate designee will notify you of the appointment date in which the concerns will be addressed. Every effort will be made to bring an amicable resolution. If necessary, a panel of instructors and/or appropriate NextStep staff will hear the concerns and be asked to assist in bringing a resolution. You will be notified within five business days of the outcome.
ACKNOWLEDGMENT BY ENROLLEE/LEARNER:
A learner can file a complaint to the Oregon State Board of Nursing (OSBN) at any time. The complaint can be anonymous, and may be submitted through their online complaint form, or by US mail sent to the OSBN office at 17938 SW Upper Boones Ferry Road, Portland, OR 97224.
Learners in Oregon can find out about their complaint process here: https://www.oregon.gov/osbn/pages/complaint.aspx
12. Contact. You may contact NextStep, Inc. at the email address or address below with questions, comments, and concerns regarding the Software or the NextStep NA Training Course:
126 SW 148th St.
Suite. C100 Box #449
Seattle, WA 98166
Course Start Date: Date the terms and conditions outlined in the NextStep Enrollment Agreement and Disclosure Statement agreed to at registration.
Course End Date: Completion of the Course content (theory, lab and clinical); no later than 12 weeks from Course start date.
By creating an account you agree to the above terms and conditions as outlined in the Oregon Enrollment Agreement. This agreement starts upon account creation and is valid for a maximum of 29 weeks unless disenrolled, or an updated enrollment agreement is provided for review and agreement.